Thursday, March 31, 2011

Gear

One of the issues I have is how much gear to buy here and how much to buy in Minneapolis. Obviously,I will have to buy my kayak there (although I did look into shipping my Seabear over). I am taking my own paddle and have just bought a second split paddle and sculpted dry bags which mimic the shapes of the front and back hatches by tapering to the shape of the boat.I will also buy a proper kayak PFD here which I am sure will cause some merriment amongst the kayaking fraternity here who are used to seeing me in ill fitting life jackets and ones that are coming apart at the seams. There are some things that I can't take on the plane such as gas canisters,matches and possibly a knife.I have even bought some Back Country dehydrated meals but I am not sure if I take these Then there is a tent. I have been waiting for the Katmandu Easter Sale to buy a good quality,light,three season tent but now that it has arrived I am disappointed on what is on offer. There is a vast range of quality tents available to me in America at reasonable so that is where I will buy it

1 comment:

  1. There are some huge camping/fishing/hunting stores here that might have what you need. Cabela's is one I've found near Minneapolis.

    ReplyDelete