Thursday, June 30, 2011

R & R

I spent a quiet day yesterday on the computer,updating this blog and my Facebook page,looking at and clearing e-mails at the office and home. I also spent a bit of time reading. Alison's father Larry,who built Tara Point was aman I would have liked to meet. I think he and I share the same sense of humour. His presence is very much all around. The games room where I am now has walls lined with humourous quotations and jokes.Larry also published a free newspaper which didn't cover real news but had stories and whimsy that he eventually published in a book that I read. Some of the quotations are the same as appear on my T shirts so I know he would have appreciated the few that I have on this trip. He was also an authority on bald eagles which winter over in this town and knew where all the nesting sites were.
When Alison returned from helping a daughter clean up a house she was vacating ( a parent's job is never done) we went down to the marina for dinner preceeded by a couple of beers in the wine bar. Unfortunately the kitchen closed at 8.00 so we  went home and had spaghetti and meatballs from the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment