Friday, June 24, 2011

River Hospitality

I continue to be amazed at the hospitality I continue to be offered. Right from the first night at Coffee Pot Landing where I was given a beer and had dinner cooked for me by a fellow traveller through to last night where I was taken in by a Christian couple,fed,given a bed and had my washing done.
The night b/4 found me at Burlington where I ended up being taken to a neighbourhood bar in the tray of a pick up truck,then transferring to a big old Cadillac to be transported to a Chinese buffet restaurant for dinner.A night or so b/4 I was lucky enough to encounter Skip who gave me the use of his river house (had a good bath) and took me out to dinner.At an RV park Bill (who was going into town) gave me access to his RV to shower and to  take what I wanted from his beer fridge-I left money) Then there was Gigi at Little Falls who took me shopping at Walmart,gave me dinner and drove me to inspect the next day's portage. She also turned up unannounced at 7.00am the next morning to offer to drive me around the portage(I dclined as that would have been cheating).Then of course there was Greg and Suzanne who drove me to the start and who put me up when I got back to the Twin Cities
I hope the hospitality continues as I have enjoyed meeting every one

No comments:

Post a Comment