Thursday, May 19, 2011

D Day Minus Four

Only four days until I fly out.
I have spent the last few days checking out motels in Minneapolis. Most of them are close to the airport (naturally) and also close to the Mall of America. One is located across a parking lot from a Walmart Super Store which will be handy for buying my camping food.
I have also been checking out the public transport. There is a light rail that runs from the Mall of America ,through the airport to Downtown with a stop near the kayak shop. There is also a bus that runs from the motels to the Downtown,with a stop near the kayak shop.
The other development is that Suzanne Currie, the kind lady who is driving me to lake Itasca,would like to get away on the Friday,not Saturday. that should suit me down to the ground as it will mean I am a day ahead of my schedule right from the start.I am also looking at whether I can get off to a flying start by knocking off two days paddles on the first day.Both are relatively short and were intended to ease me in gently before the long days ahead. But if conditions and my fitness permit ,who knows. It would be a great psycological boost to be two days ahead of my schedule at the end of the first day.

1 comment:

  1. Not getting nervous then? Thats all right... your wife and friends can do all the worrying!

    ReplyDelete