Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Feeling Happy

After my convoluted flight over 30 hours through Melbourne,Los Angelesand Denver I am now at the Days Inn in Bloomington Minneapolis.It was with relief that my luggage appeared at both Los Angeles and on arrival here. The connections between flights were made with ease even though there was a delay of nearly an hour out of Melbourne. The United flight out of Los Angeles was right on time. I had forgotten that United's theme music was Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue which is perhaps my favourite piece of music and always brings tears to my eyes (OK I am an emotional guy -who would have thought it-it just makes me so happy).
Today's order of business is to take the shuttle back to the airport and there catch the light rail to town. I am going straight to Mid West Mountaineering to check out their kayaks and other items of equipment I still need. I am going to try to get to a Rotary meeting at the Metrodome across the river which will be my first glimpse of the river which is going to be my home over the next weeks. I will also start buying my food supplies if iIcome across a supermarket
Feeling super excited

No comments:

Post a Comment