Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Final Countdown

Three weeks today I will be winging my way to Minnesota.This weekend I have a paddle to Kawau Island and that might be the last time I dip a paddle in the water until Elk Lake or Lake Itasca. There are still a few items I have to buy before I go and I plan to spread out everything I have on the family room table and check the items off against the various gear lists to make sure I don't miss anything and also to be ruthless about what I do take.(Definitely taking the Roses chocolates and giant Jaffas)
On a previous post i identified 17 unique risks to plan for. Well make that 18.There was a documentary recently on Bull Sharks,mainly focussed on Queensland and how far they penetrate into fresh water and attack swimmers.,They also showed a map of USA which indicated that Bull Sharks may have penetrated a considerable distance up the Mississippi River. One of my helpful friends went on the internet to find two articles about Bull sharks in the river which he e-mailed to me (thanks Dave!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment