Thursday, May 26, 2011

There Goes the Weight Loss programme

Weight loss programme? What weight loss programme? Oh,that? Well I haven't got on the river yet so it hasn't officially started. The restaurant I went to is called Chilis and it has 2 for 1 Margaritas and beers. At the least the food was reasonably healthy-make your own Fajitas. I ended up nursing a couple of Blue Moon beers (one of my favourites in the States) (alright a few) and watching the Stanley Cup playoffs between the Bruins and the Lightning-it brought back memories of my grad year in Toronto all those years ago when we had a key to the student common room and used to  let ourselves in to watch Hockey Night in Canada,play shuffle board,use the pinball machines and eat junk food from the banks of machines. In fact Minneapolis reminds me very much of Toronto and I guess the climate is similar. It is certainly a very green town and very clean. It strikes me as a very liveable city.
I have finally made contact with Suzanne and sorted out my plans for tomorrow. I shall go back to the kayak shop with my spray skirt and see how it fits the kayaks and perhaps buy the PFD,a set of small binoculars,(to watch birds and seek out landing and camping spots. I am going around to Suzanne's place mid afternnoon to use her computer ,then we are going to dinner at a seafood restaurant. I also will try to find a supermarket. There is a Walmart some miles back down the freeway but it looks like it will be quite difficult to get to by public transport.
And so to bed (Samuel Pepys)

1 comment:

  1. Finally got a chance to catch up on your Blogs since your farewell. All the very best. Let us know what the final decision was on the kayak...

    ReplyDelete