Thursday, May 26, 2011

What A Day

What a great day. Did everything I had planned.Took the shuttle back to the airport and hopped on the Light Rail to Downtown,something I had planned from NZ. As my wife is fond of saying "Time spent in reconnaiscence(? she can't spell very well) is seldom wasted" She also says "First secure your perimeter" (I must find out more about her past.
After walking around town for an hour I took the train back to the kayak shop where I spent time looking at the camping gear,PFDs and boats. I didn't buy anything but set off across the river for a Rotary meeting. My first glimpse of the river was very exciting. It is certainly flowing fast and if it is still like this when I get back in 2-3 weeks I will be in for a fast ride. I had quite a long walk and can feel the pounds slipping away already.
After lunch I went back to the kayak shop and bought matches,gas cylinders,water purifier,water purifying tablets,insect repellent.
I then hopped on the train to Mall of America where I found the perfect T shirt for my wife but unfortunately had to buy another one for me too,so I could get advantage of a two for one deal.Train back to the airport just in time to get on the waiting shuttle back to the motel. Off to a chain restaurant in the car park for dinner.
Haven't made contact with Suzanne who is providing the ride to Lake Itasca but will try again after dinner.
Still got to get food though did get some freeze dried meals at the kayak shop as a back up

No comments:

Post a Comment