Saturday, May 28, 2011

The New Boat

I am at Suzanne's with her husband Greg waiting for her to return from having an MRI scan which has revealed two broken bones in her foot as well a sprained ankle. She will have to wear a moon boot for 6 weeks and take it easy for the following weeks which is big disappointment with summer around the corner and a move to a new job in California.
Well I have gone for the big and beautiful-boat that is. I am the proud owner of a Current Design Solstice Titan GT. It is dark blue all over with a red trim for the cockpit edge. I also bought a small trolley,aPFD and the gun for firing flares. It comes with four flares and I am looking to being able to say "Is this your lucky day punk"I am not sure if I am going to be able to bring it back to NZ.
We stopped at a bigger supermarket on the way back to the house and I was able to get some long life milk and milk powder as well as toilet paper and more crackers so I think I am pretty well set except for a weather radio which I hope to get on the way to the lake.
With all that is happening I don't think we will get away much b/4 mid afternoon so I am not likely to get the boat in the water today

 

5 comments:

  1. Hello, Greg, Stephanie Dickrell's family here (Steph was in Auckland 03-04) -Jim and I live on the Mississippi River in Monticello. You are welcome in our home as you pass through. There is one bridge across the river in Monticello. We live about one mile east of the bridge on the south side. There is a park, Ellison Park, about 4 blocks east of us with a boat landing.
    email mdestate@aol.com
    Mary's cell 763-350-2409
    Jim's cell 612-868-5856
    Safe travels on your river adventure--the river is still high and fast as it passes through Monticello.
    Hope to hear from you, Mary Micke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the first few days have gone well. Assume you will be reading this with a sense of satisfaction at being underway. Wish I could magic you the Weather Radio that is sitting uselessly in the corner of my room.
    Best Regards
    Paul & Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure when you will get to read this Greg as I imagine you are now underway. Hopefully there will be many more kind offers of hospitality like from Mary along the way. Myself and Jacqui look forward to your updates.
    Paddle Hard
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Full of admiration big fella.....you're the MAN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Greg. Looks great!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete