Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Day After

What a great farewell party-3pm to 1.00am-just like the old days when post paddle drinkies would often extend into the wee small hours. A big thanks to Steph,Guy and Mags for staying to play cards and for everyone else for making it such an enjoyable evening. I have said it b/4 and I will say it again-one of the best parts of kayaking this past 12 or so years has been the wonderful people I have met.
I loved the adptation of Moon River that was sung. Here are the lyrics
"Moon river,wider than a mile
Greg's crossing it in style
Old dream maker,you heartbreaker
Wherever you're going,Greg's going your way
One drifter,off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
You're after the same rainbow's end
Waiting'round the bend
My Huckleberry friend
Moon river and Greg"

with apologies to Andy Williams

2 comments:

  1. It was great night. Great to see so many yakkers and to spend some time with you before you left on your epic journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps a reference to huckleberry finn ("my huckleberry friend")... if so, highly appropriate for a mississippi river jaunt.

    ReplyDelete