Friday, May 20, 2011

Some More words of wisdom

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones that you did do.So throw off the bowline.Sail away from the safe harbour.Catch the trade winds in your sails.Explore.Dream. Discover"
or as someone else put it
"You should always do something you might regret later rather than regret something you didn't do"
NEWS FLASH
I have just learnt that the first of this year's paddlers is setting off from Lake Itasca today. He is travelling by canoe with his father who is leaving him after two weeks to be replaced by a friend for the rest of the trip. He is planning to take 10 weeks which is the same as my schedule so he should always be just ahead of me but it will be fun to try and catch him. I am secretly hoping that if all goes as welll as I would like, that I will do it in 9 weeks in which case I will catch the canoeists just b/4 the end. I think that there will be other paddlers setting off at the same time as me and if so,while I don't intend to wait for them or expect them to wait for me ,it will be fun if we are constantly leapfrogging each other all the way down the river

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is jeff Pearson. I left itasca on may 11th. Right now, I'm approaching Jacobson. The weather has been great and the river is rather high. as you can imagine. I'm traveling solo in a kayak until st Louis where I'll change to a tandem and pick up my son. My website is deltaserf.com and my cell number is 408.504.5231
    It would be great to hear from you

    ReplyDelete