Friday, May 27, 2011

Weather

The weather around here sure changes from one extreme to another very quickly. After having a deadly tornado the day b/4 I arrived yesterday was 58 degrees with a cool wind. You don't see many people on the streets nor are there many street level store fronts Everyone gets around using internal walkways through the buildings which are linked by 1st floor sky walkways.
The temperature is forecast to rise to 85 degrees early next week and to remain in the 80's for the rest of the week. Which reminds me I must get a weather radio today when I go back tothe kayak shop this morning. Unlike NZ I can't simply turn on my VHF to get a coast guard forecast. I also still need flares,a safety knifeand mirror
Finally ,remember,a good friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg even though he/she thinks you are slightly cracked

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dad,

    Sorry we missed your call this morning - we had an early morning appointment and were on the subway. We should be easier to reach this evening - Matt will be home in the afternoon as we're getting our windows fixed and Lauren and I will be home around 6.15pm.

    Love from Jane

    ReplyDelete